Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-3.5) @ Detroit Lions
- Tampa Bay: Jameis is shooting for 30 TDs and 30 INTs. It is a quest unlike any other. Get your popcorn ready.
- Detroit: Trey Flowers is a lot richer this year than he was last year. I’m not convinced he is happy, however, that he joined Matty P’s circus.
TL;DR Jameis is must watch television. This game, however, is not.
Philadelphia Eagles (-4.5) @ Washington Redskins
- Philadelphia: Somebody named Boston Scott was running for the Eagles on Monday night. Backup QB Josh McCown was warming up to come in for receiver. In a battle of attrition, this is the opportunity for Philly to exit stage left.
- Washington: I mean, do you really blame Washington for Alex Smith breaking his leg? No, until you watch the Skins put an injured Dwayne Haskins under center. This is just not a good organization.
TL;DR Once again, tickets are at a premium here.
Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers (-4.5)
- Chicago: Chicago is playing for their season. Mitch is playing for his job. The Bears have a longshot chance at the playoffs, but it all starts with a win in Wisconsin.
- Green Bay: The epic clash last week in New Orleans gave Green Bay the inside track at the 2 seed. Anyone watching 60 minutes of GB football this year is not convinced this team is a 2 seed.
TL;DR In a classic matchup of original franchises, this game has a lot of juice.
New England Patriots (-9.5) @ Cincinnati Bengals
- New England: The Cheatriots are at it again. Things have gotten so bad in New England that Belichick has to tape the non-existent signs of a 1-12 team. New England is teetering on the edge.
- Cincinnati: Cincy seems just a little too upset about the whole videotaping thing. Like, you suck. And you are gonna draft Joey Borrow. Maybe tone down the outrage.
TL;DR The classic Patriots Bengals rivalry just got kicked up a notch.
Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans (-3.0)
- Houston: The Texans responded to winning their Super Bowl against New England with laying a giant egg against Denver.
- Tennessee: Tannehill is a revelation. Tennessee is resurgent and Nashville is rocking.
TL;DR The first of two matchups in three weeks between these two teams for the division. Must watch stuff.
Seattle Seahawks (-6.0) @ Carolina Panthers
- Seattle: Seattle went from the 5 seed to the 1 seed to the 5 seed in 13 days. Lots of movement that is compounded with another east coast trip this week.
- Carolina: The theme in Carolina is all about cleaning house. New coach? New QB? Yet, Run CMC is still a dude. So they can’t be completely overlooked.
TL;DR Seattle needs to win. Watch out.
Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5)
- Denver: Man, maybe John Elway does have his guy. Drew Lock is good, and Denver is competitive. This team, in some alternate universe, is 9-4 and competing for the division.
- Kansas City: Mahomes won a big game and KC is in danger of being another team who can’t get it up after reaching their pinnacle, beating New England.
TL;DR Kansas City is better and has more to play for, but we aren’t counting Denver out.
Miami Dolphins @ New York Giants (-3.5)
- Miami: Miami went 7 for 8 in FGs last week. Like...what?
- New York: Eli had a nice first half. And then blew a two TD lead. As a career sub 500 QB, Eli is back to exactly where he should be. On the bench.