Pittsburgh Steelers (-2.0) @ Baltimore Ravens
- Pittsburgh: The Steelers need to win and the Titans need to lose to Houston for them to get in playoffs. It’s amazing that they are in the playoff hunt given their QB play this year.
- Baltimore: With the Ravens having locked up the 1 seed, RG3 gets his shot at redemption, even though not everyone thinks he deserves it.
TL;DR The Steelers are playing for their playoff lives. The Ravens are playing to stay healthy. Could make for an interesting game.
New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (-1.5)
- New York: Adam Gase has a burner Twitter account and has been defending himself through it for the last 3 weeks. So THAT’s who has been defending Gase!
- Buffalo: The Bills are locked into the 5 seed and no one wants to face them in the playoffs.
TL;DR A week 1 rematch, Josh Allen has come a long way…
Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-1.0)
- Atlanta: Time to close the book on this Jekyll & Hyde season. A team that plays inconsistently is a good sign of a bad coach. In other news, Matt Ryan says they are playing for their coach.
- Tampa Bay: If Winston (who reportedly wants 30 Million next year) throws 2 more interceptions he’ll be the first member of the 30/30 club (30 TDs 30 INTs).
TL;DR Jameis is MUST watch TV, even when fantasy is over and the game means nothing.
Philadelphia Eagles (-4.0) @ New York Giants
- Philadelphia: If the Eagles win here they will become one of the weakest playoff teams in recent years and the latest evidence that the NFL should really only have 3 divisions in each conference.
- New York: It’s Daniel Jones's turn to take a shot at the Eagles; this team can score and already lost their shot at Chase Young.
TL;DR It took the Eagles overtime to beat the Giants last time they faced each other. New York would love to spoil Philly’s season with a win here.
New Orleans Saints (-13.0) @ Carolina Panthers
- New Orleans: Michael Thomas is having the best start to a career as any wide receiver in history. Brees should buy him a Rolex.
- Carolina: Cam Newton uses a weird font on Instagram, which is just another unnecessary distraction for a player who desperately needs focus. #ipostmyway
TL;DR NOLA can be anywhere between the 1 seed or a 3 seed, but they have to win here for the best case scenario.
Cleveland Browns (-2.5) @ Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland: Baker isn’t getting his linemen anything this year.
- Cincinnati: The Bengals season was about as disastrous as it could get. At least they can take solace knowing that Joe Burrow will be QB1 in a few short months.
TL;DR Remember when the Browns were fun and boisterous and going to the playoffs?
Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys (-10.5)
- Washington: Urban Meyer was in Dan Snyder’s box last week, which is the best news to come out of Washington all season.
- Dallas: Cowboys get the 4th seed in the playoffs if they win and Philly loses, but even Cowboy fans are over this season.
TL;DR Another classic week 17 matchup where a team going nowhere has the chance to ruin the season of a division rival.
Green Bay Packers (-12.5) @ Detroit Lions
- Green Bay: The Packers can be the 1 seed if they win and the Seahawks beat the Niners. Or they can be the 2 seed if they win and the Niners best the Hawks. Or the 3 seed if they lose.
- Detroit: Part-time Hagrid impersonator/ full-time head coach Part time Matt Patricia should have stayed in New England (NE doesn’t feel this way). Why exactly has Detroit committed to bringing him back next year?
TL;DR A lot riding on this game for both teams. Seeding for one and pride for the other.
Tennessee Titans (-3.5) @ Houston Texans
- Tennessee: The Titans can make the 6 seed of the playoffs if they win.
- Houston: The Texans will be either the 3 or the 4 seed.
TL;DR Imagine where the Titans would be if Tannehill had started the whole season for them.
Indianapolis Colts (-4.0) @ Jacksonville Jaguars
- Indianapolis: The Colts don’t have a shot for the playoffs, but the outcome of this game can affect how other teams are seeded
- Jacksonville: Nick Foles praying every day and then losing his starting job is good evidence that there is no God.
TL;DR The best part of this game is that the teams get to play in Florida.
Los Angeles Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs (-9.0)
- Los Angeles: Philip Rivers has more kids than the Chargers have wins this year.
- Kansas City: Patrick Mahomes’ brother is a bit… much.
TL;DR KC can be either a 2 seed or a 4 seed, but will probably be a 3 seed.
Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings (-1.0)
- Chicago: Bears fans will never forgive Chicago for drafting Trubisky over Mahomes.
- Minnesota: Monday Night proved why the Vikings will never win anything significant with Cousins under center.
TL;DR The Vikings are locked in as the 6 seed in the NFC, so you can skip this one.
Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots (-16.0)
- Miami: Fitzmagic is the Dolphins leading rusher this season.
- New England: The Patriots put together their most consistent performance of the season last Sunday. With a bye on the line, expect them to take this game seriously.
TL;DR Last time these teams faced each other, Antonio Brown caught a first half TD pass. Woof.
Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos (-3.5)
- Oakland: The Raiders can make the playoffs if they win, the Steelers and Titans both lose, and the Colts best the Jags, which are all relatively possible.
- Denver: The Broncos could’ve been a playoff team if they’d gone with Drew Lock all season.
TL;DR Raiders ownership would love to close out their last season in Oakland with a playoff appearance. Nothing smooths over transitions like winning.
Arizona Cardinals @ Los Angeles Rams (-7.5)
- Arizona: The Cardinals might not play with Kyler Murray in Week 17, but Kyler and Kliff are trending in the right direction for 2020.
- Los Angeles: The Rams mortgaged a lot to win now, and will be watching the playoffs from home. Dark times ahead for the City of Angels.
TL;DR This Rams don’t have any real fans and the Cardinals don’t have a traveling fan base. So who exactly is going to this game?
San Francisco 49ers (-3.0) @ Seattle Seahawks
- San Francisco: A win here and the Niners can cap a season to remember with the 1 seed in the NFC.
- Seattle: Beastmode is back where he belongs. The excitement over his return has helped fans deal with the concerns over the Seahawks' injuries and inconsistent play.
TL;DR A home playoff game and a bye OR a road playoff game, likely in Philadelphia. There is a LOT at stake. Playoffs start a week early with this rivalry revival.